The Manchac Swamp tour is a secluded, calm, and pristine tour. If you are searching for a gorgeous, natural, and picturesque kayak swamp tour – this is your tour!
- Duration: 4 hours on the water, 6 hours total including transportation
- Tour Start Time: 10:30 a.m.
- Transportation Pickup Time: 9:15 a.m.
- Transportation Pickup Location: In front of the Nola Cantina (437 Esplanade Ave)
- Paddle through shell bank bayou (same tour as our Maurepas tour) but then head out to the mouth of Lake Maurepas and return
- Lunch (wraps by barbeau) and a cold beverage at midway point
- Extra equipment: binoculars, dipnet, optical critter viewer
- Everyone gets their own kayak per request
- 9:15am pick up from French Quarter, 2:30pm drop off back in city
If you are a more experienced kayaker, trying to get away from the regular crowds and varying levels of experience and skill that come with them, the 4 hour excursion trip is for you. This is a tour for the adventurer, an opportunity to go a little bit further and see a whole lot more. Spend 4 hours total on the water, guided by an experienced local naturalist, exploring the vast cypress forests and bayous that make up our nation’s 2nd largest bald cypress swamp.
Mid-way through the trip, we will stop for a scenic lunch overlooking Lake Maurepas with food prepared by Chef Barbeau, the Executive chef of Atchafalaya, and a cold beverage. On the return, your guide will provide every boat with binoculars for bird watching, as the area surrounding the edge of Lake Maurepas if famous for its dense barred owl populations as well as other large birds of prey. You will also be given small dip nets to catch and ID the areas unique water critters. This is an immersive swamp adventure, educational and rewarding, intended for the outdoorsy traveller looking for a non-touristy authentic swamp experience.